Mission StatementUT-Battelle and Oak Ridge National Laboratory strive to be viewed by our neighbors as a highly valued partner in the Oak Ridge region.
Corporate Outreach Priorities
UT-Battelle is committed to providing a substantial portion of the company’s annual corporate fee for outreach initiatives. Approximately one-half of outreach funds are allocated to initiatives designed to support science and math education; approximately one-third are earmarked for initiatives to generate economic development. The remaining corporate outreach funds are designated for various civic, cultural and public awareness activities.
Priority consideration for UT-Battelle contributions is given to "legacy investments" that provide tangible, lasting benefits to the region. UT-Battelle's goal is to provide legacy investments that are larger in size and fewer in number.
UT-Battelle's corporate outreach policy is guided by a number of general goals:
- Contributions will be limited to groups without political or religious affiliation.
- First consideration is given to organizations in the Oak Ridge region and to requests that can be leveraged with other efforts and/or funds.
- Organizations under an umbrella agency such as the United Way shall receive UT-Battelle funds solely through the coordinating agency.
- Corporate contributions are provided only to recognized organizations. We do not fund grants or sponsorships to individuals.
- UT-Battelle may request invoices or receipts prior to providing corporate funds.
- Due to the large number of requests to support fundraising events such as galas and golf tournaments, UT-Battelle’s participation is based primarily on whether a UT-Battelle staff member serves on the organization’s governing board and whether a Team UT-Battelle volunteer project is associated with the organization.
All requests for corporate contributions must be submitted either using our online form or by mail to
ORNL Office of Communication and External Relations
c/o Leigha Edwards
P.O. Box 2008
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6255
Proposals should state succinctly the organization requesting funds, the amount of funds requested, the specific purpose for which the funds will be used, and how the request fits within UT-Battelle's overall goals and objectives as outlined above. Proposals also must include the name, address and phone number of the organization's point of contact. UT-Battelle may request additional information on the organization's budget, board of directors and community service history.