MHonArc archive

Welcome

From: "Patrick H. Worley" <worleyph@ornl.gov>
Subject: Welcome
To: perfdata@mailhub.ornl.gov

I want to thank you all for being test subjects in
this initial incarnation of the Performance Data
e-mail reflector and web site. I apologize for the
long delay between announcing the reflector
and this first message - it has been a busy summer.
I will follow this welcome with a more substantive
message discussing some performance data that
I have just finished posting on the web. Please
note however that the purpose of the reflector is
not (just) to promote ORNL performance evaluation
efforts. Rather, it is to promote and further performance
evaluation work at all of our institutions. Please
consider advertising recent papers or performance
results via the relfector. I am also very interested in
messages describing performance issues or problems
that the community as a whole would be interested in.

Finally, don't forget to visit the web site

  http://www.csm.ornl.gov/perfdata/

periodically. The links do evolve.
For example, at Bronis de Supinski 's suggestion, I
added a link to the ASCI White PSE Milepost
report,. This web report contains lots of good
performance data and discussions of the tools and
methodologies used to collect the data.

Pat Worley
moderator of PERFDATA distribution list

Perfdata Home | Main Index | Thread Index