For more information about item submission and attendance, see About the Technical Calendar.
Monday, April 08
Control Synthesis of Graphene and its Electronic PropertiesYunqi Liu, Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100190, China
Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences Seminar
1:30 PM — 2:30 PM, Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences (CNMS), Building 8610, Room L-183
Contact: Kai Xiao (firstname.lastname@example.org), 865.574.7690
AbstractGraphene has attracted significant attention in recent years. In additional to the mechanical cleavage of graphite, many methods have been developed to prepare graphene. Among them, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) opens a possibility for a wide range of applications of graphene in electronics. Graphene films with monolayer or few-layer coverage have been synthesized on many metals, e.g., Ni, Cu, Fe and Co, via a CVD process. However, the complicated transfer techniques for metal-catalyzed graphene or the high cost of the single crystal SiC substrates limit the wide application of these graphene in nanoelectronics.
In this presentation[1?11], I will report our recent results by using a modified CVD approach to produce high quality graphene by virtue of solid Cu and liquid Cu as catalysts, or directly on dielectric subutrates. Moreover, the synthesis of highly N-doped tetragonal-shaped single crystal graphene arrays will be also reported. In addition, the electronic devices based on these graphenes were fabricated and investigated.
1. Lei Zhang, et al., Adv. Mater., 2012, 24, 436.
2. Yugeng Wen, et al., Adv. Mater., 2012, 24, 1471.
3. Dechao Geng, et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., 2012, 109, 7992.
4. Yugeng Wen, et al., Adv. Mater., 2012, 24, 3482.
5. Yunzhou Xue, et al., J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2012, 134, 11060.
6. Jian Zheng, et al., Sci. Rep., 2012, 2, 662.
7. Lili Jiang, et al., Adv. Mater., 2013, 25, 250.
8. Dacheng Wei, et al., Nat. Commun., 2013, 4, 1374.
9. Bin Wu, et al., NPG Asia Mater., 2013, 5, e36.
10. Jianyi Chen et al., Adv. Mater., 2013, 25, 992.
11. Dacheng Wei, et al., Acc. Chem. Res., 2013, 46, 106.