Energy and Transportation Science Division
News and Events
- WUFI ("Warme und Feuchte Instationar," or transient heat and moisture). A family of PC-based software tools jointly developed by Germany's Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics and ORNL,...
Read more at BuildingGreen.
- ORNL working to charge cars on the fly
- ORNL roof and attic design proves efficient in summer and winter
- ORNL home to new battery manufacturing R&D facility
- Here Comes Electric Propulsion
- Geothermal Heat Pumps: The Next Generation
- Feds tally payback time for hybrids; instant for some
- Mid-project data from study suggests hydrogen vehicles could have up to 70% market share by 2050
- Metal Roofing Research Reaches Final Stage
- A Push to Make Motors with Fewer Rare Earths
- A Technology Breakthrough for Geothermal
- Roof of the Future? Oak Ridge, Metals Group Seek the Ideal Design
- Electric grid game changer
- Ford And Dow Team Up to Bring Low-Cost, High-Volume Carbon Fiber Composites to Next-Generation Vehicles
- ClimateMaster Trilogy 40 breaks 40 EER Barrier
- Better heat exchanger is key to heat pump efficiency
- When the road charges your electric car
- Biggest Energy Loser sparks "light-bulb moment"