for the 18th Meeting of the ITPA Topical Group on Diagnostics.
will take place at Oak Ridge National Lab in Oak Ridge,
Tuesday, May 11, 2010 to Friday, May 14, 2010.
Note that ITPA meetings are organized under the auspices of the
ITPA Coordinating Committee and participation is restricted to
from the fusion communities affiliated with the ITPA Agreement
(China, European Union, India, Japan, Korea, Russian Federation and United
States of America). Participants in the ITPA meetings must therefore
nominated by the fusion programme administration of one of the members.
Information on the ITPA can be found here.
Participants to this ITPA Meeting must make sure that
they perform the following actions: Note: It is extremely important that all
actions be completed by the deadline dates.
- All participants should send an email to Tina Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 26, 2010, indicating that they are planning to attend this meeting. Tina will then send to the participant an email invitation through the ORNL Personnel Access System, which is a secure website. The participant should follow the instructions of the reply email, and provide the necessary information.
- Visa Information: For those participants who require a visa in order to enter the U.S. you should complete step 1 no later than March 1, 2010. In your email, please indicate that you will need a US Visa. Once this form has been submitted an invitation letter will be shipped to you as quickly as possible. The participant should arrange for a U.S. Consulate interview as directed in the invitation letter. This action begins the visa process. Most participants should apply for a B-1 Visa, with the detailed steps described here. Due to recent changes in the visa application procedure, the processing time for a visa has increased significantly. Unfortunately neither the U.S. Department of Energy or the sponsoring organizers can guarantee a visa will be issued in time to attend the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the visa process you may contact Tina Moore at email@example.com.
Citizens of certain countries (visa waiver
countries) do NOT need U.S. visas for entry, but do need to apply for ESTA.
These countries are:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal,
Republic of Korea, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
For verification on visa waiver countries see the following site: http://travel.state.gov/vwp.html.
Citizens of these countries must make sure that they
have machine readable passports (see the same site for more
details) and must apply through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for travel to the US.
- Make reservations at hotel of your choice.
- Complete and submit the registration
form by March 26, 2010.
- Requests for presentations should be send to Rejean Boivin (Chair, email firstname.lastname@example.org) and Don Hillis (email email@example.com). See agenda for updates.
- Arrive at the ORNL Visitor Center by 8:00 A.M. of the
first morning of your ITPA meeting to pickup badge. (see map
of ORNL). Bus servive between Oak Ridge and ORNL will be provided in the morning and evening. More information will be available here.
Documents required to gain ORNL admission: Site access will be denied if these documents are not presented at check-in.
ALL: a valid photo identification
FOREIGN NATIONALS: Visas, passports, green cards or other immigration documents will be checked for all FN visitors to ensure they are lawful immigrants and visa/passport expiration dates will be tracked for assignments.
on Visas and access to ORNL
For general questions
on transport, accommodation, registration, etc.