for the 4th IEA International Workshop on Plasma Material Interaction Facilities for Fusion Research (PMIF 2013) sessions, joint with the Plasma Facing Components 2013 Meeting (PFC 2013), hosted by the Fusion & Materials for Nuclear Systems Division of Oak Ridge National Lab in conjunction with the Institute for Energy Research of Forshcungszentrum Juelich and the International Energy Agency.
will take place at Oak Ridge National Lab in Oak Ridge,
Monday, September 9, 2013 to Friday, September 13, 2013. The Meeting will be a full day of sessions on all days (Mon.-Fri.), including a tour of ORNL facilities.
The PMIF Workshop and PFC Meeting will be held at the ORNL Conference Center (Bldg. 5200) in the Tennessee Room (202-B).
Photos from PMIF-PFC 2013
Participants in the PMIF-PFC 2013 Meeting.
Retiring Dr. Mike Ulrickson receives a standing ovation for his years of service to ITER and the fusion community.
Previous locations of the PMIF Workshop include:
- International Workshop on Requirements for Next Generation PMI Test Stands in Fusion Research (PMTS 2010), in Oak Ridge, USA from August 31- Sept 2, 2010
- 2nd International Workshop on Plasma Materials Interaction Facilities for Fusion (PMIF 2011), in Juelich, Germany from September 19-21, 2011
- 3rd International Workshop on Plasma Materials Interaction Facilities for Fusion (PMIF 2012), joint with 9th International Conference on Open Magnetic Systems for Plasma Confinement (OS 2012), in Tsukuba, Japan from August 27-31, 2012
Previous locations of the PFC Meeting include:
- Plasma Facing Components 2011 Meeting (PFC 2011), in Oak Ridge, TN, USA from August 10-12, 2011
- Plasma Facing Components 2012 Meeting (PFC 2012), in Princeton, NJ, USA from June 18-22, 2012
Participants to this Workshop must make sure that
they perform the following actions: Note: It is extremely important that all
actions be completed by the deadline dates.
- All participants should send an email to Ted Biewer at email@example.com by July 8, 2013, indicating that they are planning to attend this meeting. Tina Moore will then send to the participant an email invitation through the ORNL Personnel Access System, which is a secure website. The participant should follow the instructions of the reply email, and provide the necessary information.
- Visa Information: For those participants who require a visa in order to enter the U.S. you should complete step 1 no later than June 1, 2013. In your email, please indicate that you will need a US Visa. Once this form has been submitted an invitation letter will be shipped to you as quickly as possible. The participant should arrange for a U.S. Consulate interview as directed in the invitation letter. This action begins the visa process. Most participants should apply for a B-1 Visa, with the detailed steps described here. Due to recent changes in the visa application procedure, the processing time for a visa has increased significantly. Unfortunately neither the U.S. Department of Energy or the sponsoring organizers can guarantee a visa will be issued in time to attend the meeting.
Citizens of certain countries (visa waiver
countries) do NOT need U.S. visas for entry, but do need to apply for ESTA.
These countries are:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal,
Republic of Korea, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
For verification on visa waiver countries see the following site: http://travel.state.gov/vwp.html.
Citizens of these countries must make sure that they
have machine readable passports (see the same site for more
details) and must apply through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for travel to the US.
- Make reservations at hotel of your choice. We recommend the Doubletree hotel, however the choices listed are all within a half mile of each other, restaurants, and shopping.
- Complete and submit the registration
form by August 1, 2013.
- Arrive at the ORNL Visitor Center by 8:00 A.M. of the
first morning of the meeting to pick up badge. (see map
of ORNL). The Visitor Center is in the same building as the Conference Center, where the Workshop will be held.
Documents required to gain ORNL admission: Site access will be denied if these documents are not presented at check-in.
ALL: a valid photo identification
FOREIGN NATIONALS: Visas, passports, green cards or other immigration documents will be checked for all FN visitors to ensure they are lawful immigrants and visa/passport expiration dates will be tracked for assignments.
- A note on ground transportation: Bus service between Oak Ridge hotels and ORNL will be provided in the mornings and evenings to facilitate ORNL access. Private and rental cars are also allowed onto the ORNL site. A shuttle bus to the TYS airport will be provided on Friday afternoon. More information will be available here.
For general questions
on transport, accommodation, registration, etc.