Amy N. Rose
Research & Development Staff
Phone: (865) 576-3561
Fax: (865) 574-4423
Population Distribution and Dynamics
Spatial Analysis and Modeling
PhD, Geography, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN (2014).
MS, Geography/Logistics & Transportation, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN (2002).
2007 – Present, Research & Development Staff, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Computational Sciences and Engineering Division, Geographic Information Science and Technology Group, Oak Ridge, TN
2004 – 2007, Technical Project Manager/Senior GIS Analyst, The Shaw Group, Inc., Knoxville, TN
1996 – 2004, Research Associate, The University of Tennessee Center for Transportation Research, Knoxville, TN
1995 – 1996, Student Research Assistant, The University of Tennessee Systems Development Institute, Knoxville, TN
Awards, Honors, and Certifications
- U.S. Patent: 14/163,372, “Locally Adaptive Spatially Explicit Population Projection System” (pending)
- U.S. Copyright: LandCast 2030 (in progress), LandCast 2050 (in progress)
- U.S. Copyright: LandScan 2013 (in progress), LandScan 2012, LandScan 2011, LandScan 2010, LandScan 2009, LandScan 2008, LandScan 2007
- Citation Award for the Top Applied Geography Project of the Year, American Association of Geographers, "Analysis of Defense Distribution Center (DDC) Supply Chain", a joint research effort by the Defense Logistics Agency, The University of Tennessee, and Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2002)
- UT-Battelle Award for Excellence in Technology Transfer (2013)
- UT-Battelle Technology Commercialization Award (2013, 2014
- ORNL Significant Event Award (March 2008, April 2014)
- Geographic Information Systems, population modeling, database design and implementation, application development, critical infrastructure, spatial technologies for emergency response.
McKee, J.J., Rose, A.N., Bright, E.A., Huynh, T., Bhaduri, B.L. (2015). Locally adaptive, spatially explicit projection of US population for 2030 and 2050. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
Rose, A.N., Bright, E.A. (2014). The LandScan Global Population Distribution Project: Current State of the Art and Prospective Innovation. Paper presented at the Population Association of America Annual Meeting, Boston, MA.
Bhaduri, B.L., Bright, E.A., Rose, A.N., Liu, C., Urban, M.L., and Stewart, R.N. (2014). Data driven approach for high resolution population distribution and dynamics models. Proceedings of the 2014 Winter Simulation Conference, p842-850.
Rose, A.N., Bhaduri, B.L., Bright, E.A., Graesser, J.B., Medina, R.M., Moehl, J.J., Santos-Hernandez, J.M., Urban, M.L., Vatsavai, R.R., and Weaver, J.E. (2011). Regional Analysis and Characterization of Population Dynamics, ORNL/TM-2011/266, Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Tolliver, J.S., Lee, R.W., Rose, A.N., Bright, E.A., and Nugent, P.J. (2011). Analysis of Population Counting Methods, ORNL/TM-2011/270, Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Rose, A.N., Bright, E.A., and Bhaduri, B.L. (2011). On Uncertainty Assessment of Population Distribution Databases, Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington.
Rose, A.N., Bright, E.A., Fernandez, S.J., and Omitaomu, O.A. (2010). Building a Synthetic Population to Support Social Simulation Environments, Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C.
Fernandez, S.J., Rose, A.N., Bright, E.A., Omitaomu, O.A. (2009). LandScan Data Sets for Automating Simulation Set-up while Accommodating Multiple Modeling Approaches within a Flexible Simulation Platform, Human Behavior-Computational Intelligence Modeling Conference, Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
Bright, E.A., Bhaduri, B.L., Coleman, P.R., Rose, A.N. (2009). Estimating Inter-Censal Population Growth and Population Dynamics using Disparate Data Sources, Association of American Geographers Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada.