Home > Precipitation Extremes
View Global Maps or click on a COCOM Region below
- Definition of SPI adopted from:
- McKee, T.B., N.J. Doesken and J. Kleist (1993),
The relationship of drought frequency and duration to time scales, in
Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Applied Climatology, 179-184.
- Definition of PEVI adoped from:
- 1. Khan, S., G. Kuhn, A.R. Ganguly, D.J. Erickson III and G. Ostrouchov (2007),
Spatio-temporal variability of daily and weekly precipitation extremes in South America,
Water Resources Research, 43, W11424.
- 2. Kuhn, G., S. Khan, A.R. Ganguly and M. Branstetter (2007),
Geospatial-temporal dependence among weekly precipitation extremes with applications to observations
and climate model simulations in South America,
Advances in Water Resources, 30(12), 2401-2423.
[ Back to Main Page ]