for the Plasma Facing Components 2011 Meeting with joint Materials Science Coordinating Organization (MASCO) sessions, hosted by the Fusion Energy Division of Oak Ridge National Lab.
will take place at Oak Ridge National Lab in Oak Ridge,
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 to Friday, August 12, 2011. The Meeting will be a full day of sessions on Wednesday and Thursday, and adjorn at noon on Friday, followed by a tour of ORNL facilities. MASCO sessions will be jointly held on Thursday morning, August 11th.
The Workshop will be held at the ORNL Conference Center (Bldg. 5200) in the Tennessee Rom (202-B).
Participants to this Workshop must make sure that
they perform the following actions: Note: It is extremely important that all
actions be completed by the deadline dates.
- All participants should send an email to Tina Moore at email@example.com by July 8, 2011, indicating that they are planning to attend this meeting. Tina will then send to the participant an email invitation through the ORNL Personnel Access System, which is a secure website. The participant should follow the instructions of the reply email, and provide the necessary information.
- Visa Information: For those participants who require a visa in order to enter the U.S. you should complete step 1 no later than June 1, 2011. In your email, please indicate that you will need a US Visa. Once this form has been submitted an invitation letter will be shipped to you as quickly as possible. The participant should arrange for a U.S. Consulate interview as directed in the invitation letter. This action begins the visa process. Most participants should apply for a B-1 Visa, with the detailed steps described here. Due to recent changes in the visa application procedure, the processing time for a visa has increased significantly. Unfortunately neither the U.S. Department of Energy or the sponsoring organizers can guarantee a visa will be issued in time to attend the meeting. If you have any questions regarding the visa process you may contact Tina Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citizens of certain countries (visa waiver
countries) do NOT need U.S. visas for entry, but do need to apply for ESTA.
These countries are:
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal,
Republic of Korea, San Marino, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom.
For verification on visa waiver countries see the following site: http://travel.state.gov/vwp.html.
Citizens of these countries must make sure that they
have machine readable passports (see the same site for more
details) and must apply through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for travel to the US.
- Make reservations at hotel of your choice. We recommend the Doubletree hotel, however the choices listed are all within a half mile of each other, restaurants, and shopping.
- Complete and submit the registration
form by August 1, 2011.
- Arrive at the ORNL Visitor Center by 8:00 A.M. of the
first morning of the meeting to pick up badge. (see map
of ORNL). The Visitor Center is in the same building as the Conference Center, where the Workshop will be held.
Documents required to gain ORNL admission: Site access will be denied if these documents are not presented at check-in.
ALL: a valid photo identification
FOREIGN NATIONALS: Visas, passports, green cards or other immigration documents will be checked for all FN visitors to ensure they are lawful immigrants and visa/passport expiration dates will be tracked for assignments.
- A note on ground transportation: Bus service between Oak Ridge hotels and ORNL will be provided in the mornings and evenings to facilitate ORNL access. Private and rental cars are also allowed onto the ORNL site. A shuttle bus to the TYS airport will be provided on Friday afternoon. More information will be available here.
For questions on Visas and access to ORNL
PFC Steering Committee Chair
For general questions
on transport, accommodation, registration, etc.