The Transportation Technologies (TT) Group is comprised of professionals with diverse skills and experience. The Group’s distinguishing capabilities are summarized below.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of radioactive material transportation, with a special emphasis on packaging and transportation of special nuclear material (SNM) and spent nuclear fuel (SNF).
- Extensive experience with transportation security, including development and deployment of secure transportation systems in Russia as well as other countries around the world.
- Field work at locations around the world.
- Capabilities to develop and deploy security system technologies that provide both “rapid-upgrade” as well as long-term solutions for customer needs, including strategies for sustainability of security systems.
- Programmatic systems analysis and modeling capabilities that provide solutions to complicated systems engineering problems.
- Packaging Research Facility, with capabilities to perform a variety of certification tests of radioactive material package designs.
Global Nuclear Security Technology Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
P.O. Box 2008, MS6472
Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6472