ORNL Awards Night 2008
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - (Engineering Research and Development; and Director's Award for Outstanding Team Accomplishment)
- Winner: Gary L. Bell (team), Dale Caquelin, Guillermo DelCul, Robert Jubin, Robert Steven Owens, Barry Spencer, Raymond James Vedder, Elisabeth Walker
- Citation: For significant achievement in expanding ORNL and U.S. capabilities to conduct fundamental and applied R&D in radiochemistry and nuclear fuel reprocessing.
Distinguished Scientist; and Director's Award for Outstanding Individual Accomplishment in Science and Technology
- Winner: David J. Singh
- Citation: For outstanding scientific impact on condensed matter physics through development of effective theoretical approached and their application to key problems associated with novel and complex materials for basic science as well as technical advances.
Early Career Award for Scientific Accomplishment
- Winner: Gabriel M. Veith
- Citation: For advances in nanoscale catalyst synthesis by new vapor deposition methods leading to fundamental understanding of the stability of nanoparticales on surfaces (using gold as an example) and the chemical and physical interactions between a nanoparticle.
Esprit de Corps
- Winner: B. L. Bhaduri, Niels de Jonge, N. L. Gray, B. T. Hackworth, D. B. Peckys, S. T. Zacharia
- Citation: For extablishing and maintaining the Multicultural Friendship Club which is positively impacting the quality of life for the members of ORNL's multinational community along with their familities and friends