- Environmental degradation of materials
- Identify suitable materials for Transport Membrane Condenser for recovery of heat
and water from exhaust gas streams
- Identify materials for heat recovery in bio-mass fired boilers
- Identify metallic and refractory materials for use in black liquor gasifiers
- Identify materials for use in biomass gasifiers
- Determine the cause of and solutions for cracking of co-extruded stainless steel/carbon steel tubes in paper mill recovery boilers
- Identify structural materials suitable for use in paper mill digesters
- Determine the effect of simulated gas turbine combustor conditions on ceramic fiber composites
- Determine the effect of high-temperature, high-pressure steam environments on advanced gas turbine materials
- Evaluate advanced intermetallic alloys for ethylene cracking furnace tubes
- Determine the compatibility of selected ceramic materials with advanced steam reformer conditions
- Determine the compatibility of selected ceramic materials with ethylene cracking conditions
- Ph.D., Metallurgical Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla, 1971
- B.S., Science Engineering (Materials Science option), Northwestern University, 1966
- Research Associate, Metallurgical Engineering Dept., University of Illinois, 1972-74
- Research Associate, Metallurgical Engineering Dept., University of Missouri-Rolla, 1971-72
- ASM International
- Former chair of Specialty Materials Critical Technology Sector
- Fellow of society
- NACE International
- Former chair of Annual Conference Programming Committee
- Fellow of society
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry
- J. R. Keiser, D. L. Singbeil, G. B. Sarma, J. R. Kish, K. A. Choudhury, L. A. Frederick, J. P. Gorog, F. R. Jetté, C. R. Hubbard, R. W. Swindeman, P. M. Singh, J. Yuan, P. J. Maziasz, “Cracking and Corrosion of Composite Tubes in Black Liquor Recovery Boilers,” Chapter in 40 Years Recovery Boiler Co-Operation in Finland, Proceedings of the International Recovery Boiler Conference, Haikko Manor, Porvoo, Finland, May 12-14, 2004.
- J. R. Keiser, D. L. Singbeil, G. B. Sarma, J. R. Kish, K. A. Choudhury, C. R. Hubbard, L. A. Frederick, J. Yuan, P. M. Singh, “Causes And Solutions For Recovery Boiler Primary Air Port Composite Tube Cracking,” Proceedings of the 11th International Chemical Recovery Conference, Charleston, SC, June 7-11, 2004, Winner of I. H. Welden Best Paper Award for 2004 Conferences.
- J. R. Keiser, J. G. Hemrick, R. A. Peascoe-Meisner, C. R. Hubbard, and J. P. Gorog, “Studies And Selection Of Containment Materials For High-Temperature Black Liquor Gasification,” Proceedings of TAPPI Engineering, Pulping and Environmental Conference, TAPPI Press, Atlanta, GA, November 2006.
- J. R. Keiser, J. R. Kish, L. A. Frederick, A. W. Willoughby, K. A. Choudhury, D. L. Singbeil, F. R. Jetté, J. P. Gorog, “Recovery Boiler Superheater Corrosion Studies,” Proceedings of the International Chemical Recovery Conference, Quebec City, QC, Canada, May 29-June 1, 2007, Winner of Conference Best Paper Award.
- J. R. Keiser, R. A. Meisner, J. G. Hemrick, J. P. Gorog, W. R. Leary, C. A. Brown, I. Landälv, A. Gupta and K. A. McGowan, “Recent Experience With Structural Materials In Commercial-Scale Black Liquor Gasifiers,” Proceedings of the International Chemical Recovery Conference, Quebec City, QC, Canada, May 29 June 1, 2007.