- 2005-Present - East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Technology
- 2004 - Hitachi – Oakland, CA
- Short course for Hitachi S4700 Scanning Electron Microscope
- 2002-2005 - Pellissippi State Technical Community College, Knoxville, TN
- Associate of Applied Science Degree – General Technology
- 1992-1995 - Pellissippi State Technical Community College, Knoxville, TN
- Completed 40 hour course for Hazardous Waste Safety
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- 1992 Oliver Springs High School – graduated
- 2003-Present - UT-Battelle – Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
Lab Technician - ORNL- Materials Science & Technology Division
- Provide macro-photographs
- Responsible for maintaining sample preparation laboratory and equipment, including safety, routine maintenance and housekeeping
- Provide high-quality sample preparation and microstructural characterization (SEM, FIB, TEM, X-Ray analysis, etc) support for the PI’s work
- Responsible for assisting with furnace runs and keeping accurate log-books and excel spreadsheets
- Development of new technique for preparation of diesel particulate filters, innovative specimen sectioning and embedding processes and image analysis techniques for analyzing soot particles.
- Responsible for presenting information to group members
- 2002-2003 - MK Technologies, Knoxville, TN
Student - Lab Technician - ORNL- Metals & Ceramics Division
- General laboratory upkeep
- Sample preparation for Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) and Field Electron
- Microscope (FIB)
- 2000-2002 - Senior Flexonics Pathway Division, Oak Ridge,TN
Estimator / Planner
- Provide cost estimate for manufacturing expansion joints.
- Work closely with Engineering Department to ensure accurate information is used to prepare estimates.
- Prepare purchase orders.
- 1998–1999 - Senior Flexonics Pathway Division, Oak Ridge,TN
Document Control / Switchboard Operator
- Answered multi-line phone.
Provide shop supervisors with information needed to manufacture expansion joints.
- Ensured all blueprints and documents related to job where organized and filed appropriately.
- Ordered office supplies
- 1996-1998 - Garden Plaza Hotel, Oak Ridge,TN
- Answered multi-line phone-taking detailed messages for Sales/Catering departments
- Typing contracts – ensure reservations where blocked – answered customer questions.
- Administrative support to Hotel Manager – scheduled appointments.
- Designed flyers / ads for Hotel Events.
- Ordered supplies.
- 1994-1996 Staffing Solutions by Cobble - Oak Ridge,TN
Administrative / Clerical
- Administrative – clerical duties at various companies in Oak Ridge, TN
- Kramer-Rayson Law Firm, ERC Incorporated, SAIC, OGDEN Environmental, and
SENES of Oak Ridge.
- Hitachi S4800 SEM
- Hitachi S4700 SEM
- Hitachi S3400 SEM
- Gatan Precision Ion Mill
- PANalytical X-Pert Pro (x-ray defraction)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Unix Programs
- Made 2 Manage
- Adobe Photoshop
- Digital Micrograph
- Image J