Karren L. More, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
1 Bethel Valley Road
Bldg. 4515, MS 6064
Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831-6064
(865) 576-5413 FAX
- Microstructural characterization of materials using high resolution electron microscopy techniques.
- Assessing microstructure/performance relationships for ceramics and ceramic matrix composites.
- Evaluation of thermal barrier coatings and thermally grown oxides on metallic alloys.
- Principal Investigator for CFCC Program
- Interface Characterization in CFCCs
- Principal Investigator for ATS Program
- Microstructural Characterization of TBCs on metallic alloys and EBCs on ceramics
- Principal Investigator for Microturbines Program
- Microstructural Evaluation of Advanced Structural Ceramics and Protective Coatings
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering - May, 1992 North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- M.S. Materials Engineering - August, 1985 North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- B.S. Materials Engineering - May, 1983 North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- The American Ceramic Society, 1982
- The Materials Research Society, 1984
- The Microscopy Society of America, 1987
- Society of Automotive Engineers, 1996
- K.L. More and P.F. Tortorelli, "Observations of Accelerated Oxidation of SiC at High Water Vapor Pressures," accepted for publication in Journal of the American Ceramic Society (1999).
- K.L. More, P.F. Tortorelli, H.T. Lin, E. Lara-Curzio, and R.A. Lowden, "Degradation Mechanisms of BN Interfaces in SiC/SiC Composites in Oxygen- and Water-Containing Environments," in High Temperature Corrosion and Materials Chemistry, 98-9, P.Y. Hou, M.J. McNallen, R. Oltra, E.J. Opila, and D.A. Shores, eds., The Electrochemical Society, Pennington, NJ, p. (1998) 382-94.
- L.L. Snead, M.C. Osborne, R.A. Lowden, J. Strizak, R.J. Shinavski, K.L. More, W.S. Eatherly, J. Bailey, and A.M. Williams, "Low Dose Irradiation Performance of SiC/SiC Composites," Journal of Nuclear Materials, 253 (1998) 20-30.
- T.S. Moss, W.J. Lackey, and K.L. More, "Chemical Vapor Deposition of B13C2 from BCl3-CH4-H2-Ar Mixtures,"Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 81 (1998) 3077-86.
- K.L. More, P.F. Tortorelli, M.K. Ferber, L.R. Walker, J.R. Keiser, N. Miriyala, W.D. Brentnall, J.R. Price, "Exposure of Ceramics and Ceramic Matrix Composites in Simulated and Actual Combustor Environments," presented at TurboExpo Ô99, Indianapolis, IN, June 7-10, 1999. Paper #99-GT-292 published by ASME (1999).