Awards & Honors › 2010
- Two students, Yiwei (Jack) Li and Mathilda (Mattie) Lloyd with our Higher Education Research Experiences (HERE) program at Oak Ridge National Laboratory for students, are regional finalists in the prestigious Siemens Competition in Math, Science & Technology.
- An Significant Event Award (SEA) was Awarded to the following Magnetic Processing Team Members: Gail M. Ludtka, Gerard M. Ludtka, Orlando Rios, Bart Murphy, Amit Naskar, and Soydan Ozcan (Physical Sciences: MS&T); John Wilgen and Roger Kisner (Energy &Environmental Sciences).
- DOE awarded a new U.S.-China Clean Energy Research Center on Clean Vehicles led by the University of Michigan – Materials Processing Group’s Claus Daniel is the lead for the Energy Storage portion of the center.
- Gerard M. Ludtka is the scheduled speaker at the ASM International Fellows Night, September 23, 2010.
- August 2010 - Al Gore visits ORNL and Gerard M. Ludtka and Gail M. Ludtka explain the transformational and game-changing impacts that high-magnetic and thermo-magnetic field processing have for the next generation structural and functional materials with superior performance.
- July, 2010 - Industrial Technologies Program partners with CANMET-MTL on advanced materials for clean energy
- Claus Daniel was nominated and selected as a participant of the 2010 U.S. Frontiers of Engineering (FOE) meeting with the National Academy of Engineering.