Recent News & Features
News Releases Archives
| Features Archives
- ORNL's Pint a Corrosion Fellow, Dec. 11, 2013 — Bruce Pint, a researcher at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, has been elected a Fellow of the National Association of Corrosion Engineers. Over the past quarter-century, Pint has been lead researcher on many projects, ranging from fusion energy to heat and power systems.
- ORNL superconducting wire yields unprecedented performance
OAK RIDGE, Tenn., Aug. 15, 2013 — The ability to control nanoscale imperfections in superconducting wires results in materials with unparalleled and customized performance, according to a new study from the Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Recent Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards Achives | ORNL Spotlight Archives]
Story Tip Archives
- Military — Tougher tanks
December 05, 2013 — Improving welds of heavy and light armored fighting vehicles is the target of a collaboration among Oak Ridge National Laboratory, the U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center, and ArcelorMittal USA.
News Video Archives
ORNL Spotlight Archives
ORNL Women in STEM
- Women @ Energy: Athena Sefat
"In order to be the best in one's field, one needs to work for the best and also be in the company of the brightest. It is my privilege to be part of the workforce at the Energy Department. Its excellent scientific resources and organization are key to its outstanding position."
Archived News Videos for 2011
- ORNL Awards Night 2011
Nov. 14, 2011
- (MSTD Staff) Video montage highlighting scientific and operational accomplishments at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Center for Defect Physics - Energy Frontier Research Center
Mar. 25, 2011 - (Malcolm Stocks, Director) Musical (Gene Ice) and graphical rendition of the scientific thrusts within the Center for Defect Physics - Energy Frontier Research Center that is hosted at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. This Department of Energy funded Center is composed of a total of six Universities and three National Laboratories focused on a fundamental understanding of the impact of defects on the properties and technological applications of materials.