Recent News & Features
News Releases Archives
| News Resources Archives | Features Archives
Awards & Honors
Award Archives |Honors & Awards Resources Archives | Honors & Awards Archives
- Dudney, Nanda authors on Handbook of Solid State Batteries - OAK RIDGE, Tenn, Sept. 28, 2015 - Nancy Dudney and Jagjit Nanda are authors on the recently published Handbook of Solid State Batteries. The handbook covers topics related to solid-state batteries including advanced enabling characterization techniques, fundamentals of solid-state systems, novel solid electrolyte systems, interfaces, cell-level studies and three-dimensional architectures. Nancy is the lead editor on the handbook, published by World Scientific Publishing.
- LDRD poster session winners named - OAK RIDGE, Tenn. Sept. 28, 2015 - Kevin Field of the Materials Science & Technology Division won the Distinguished Fellowship category for a project titled "Evaluation of Irradiated Concrete Performance for Long Term Operation of Nuclear Power Plants." The Laboratory Directed R&D program's annual poster session was held in Sept. 18-22, 2015.
- ORNL researchers Dudney, Love, Radford named Corporate Fellows - OAK RIDGE, Tenn., July 2, 2015 – Nancy J. Dudney, Lonnie J. Love and David C. Radford have been named Corporate Fellows at the Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
Story Tip Archives
News Video Archives
ORNL Spotlight Archives
Archived News Videos for 2011
- ORNL Awards Night 2011
Nov. 14, 2011
- (MSTD Staff) Video montage highlighting scientific and operational accomplishments at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- Center for Defect Physics - Energy Frontier Research Center
Mar. 25, 2011 - (Malcolm Stocks, Director) Musical (Gene Ice) and graphical rendition of the scientific thrusts within the Center for Defect Physics - Energy Frontier Research Center that is hosted at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. This Department of Energy funded Center is composed of a total of six Universities and three National Laboratories focused on a fundamental understanding of the impact of defects on the properties and technological applications of materials.