Properties and PerformanceThe performance characteristics are determined by the type of cathode material, its area and thickness, by the type of anode (metallic lithium, lithium-ion, or lithium-free), and by the operating temperature. The choice of cathode material and the deposition and processing methods used to prepare the cathode film determine the operating voltage range, capacity, specific power, specific energy, cycle life and performance at elevated temperatures. Data for several types of batteries under investigation at ORNL are summarized on the pages linked below. Data for cells with crystalline LiMn2O4 and amorphous or crystalline V2O5 are available on request.
- Comparisons of different lithium cells
- Lithium batteries with crystalline LiCo2cathodes
- Lithium batteries with nanocrystalline LiMn2O4cathodes
- Lithium batteries with crystalline LiMn2O4 cathodes
- Lithium-ion batteries with crystalline LiCoO2 cathodes
- Lithium-free batteries with crystalline LiCoO2 cathodes
- Lithium phosphorus oxynitride ("Lipon") electrolyte