Recent News & Features
News Releases Archives
| News Resources Archives | Features Archives
- American Physical Society honors three from ORNL - OAK RIDGE, Tenn., Jan. 14, 2015- Three researchers from the Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory have been honored with fellowships from the American Physical Society. Bobby Sumpter, Randy Fishman and Thomas Papenbrock were each recognized for their exceptional contributions to the physical sciences.
- Safa-Sefat, featured in 40 under Forty - (2015) Athena, a researcher in the Materials S&T Division, describes her research in superconductivity and solid-state chemistry in her profile. Roderick, leader of the Bulding Envelope Systems group in the Building Technologies Research & Integration Center, relates his career in energy efficient buildings research with his family's background in building and construction.
- Goyal elected NAI fellow, takes SUNY-Buffalo post
- (2015) The National Academy of Inventors has elected Materials S&T Division research and Corporate Fellow Amit Goyal fellow. The University at Buffalo (State University of New York) has named Amit as the first director of UB's Research and Education in eNergy, Environment and Water (UB RENEW) Institute, following an international search.
Awards & Honors
Award Archives |Honors & Awards Resources Archives | Honors & Awards Archives
- Goyal elected NAI fellow, takes SUNY-Buffalo post - (2015) The National Academy of Inventors has elected Materials S&T Division research and Corporate Fellow Amit Goyal fellow.
Story Tip Archives
- Materials - Efficient catalysts - January 13, 2015 - Reduction of pollution from vehicles and power plants relies, in large part, on how effectively catalysts can oxidize nitric oxide (NO). Advancing such catalyst performance requires a better understanding of the noble metals used in catalytic converters.
News Video Archives
ORNL Spotlight Archives