- MS, Quality Assurance, Quality Systems Concentration, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA, 2009.
- BS, Human Ecology, Human Resource Development Major, Training and Development Concentration, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, 2001.
I have established a proven record of experience and achievements in Quality Assurance (QA) throughout my career. As a quality engineer with a diverse quality assurance background, I have developed the knowledge and experience necessary to provide strategic support in the development and deployment of quality systems, tools, and methods to facilitate the accomplishment of goals and objectives.
- 2011-Present - Quality Engineer, Radioisotope Power Systems (RPS) Materials and Production Technology Program, UT Battelle, LLC, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
- Assist the Carbon Bonded Carbon Fiber, Iridium Alloy Blank & Foil, Light-Weight Radioisotope Heater Units, and Clad Vent Set task groups in planning, developing, and implementing the quality program;
- Interpret RPS QA program requirements;
- Assess the implementation of the quality program;
- Identify quality-related problems and determine if they are conditions adverse to quality;
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions to quality-related problems;
- Verify implementation of solutions;
- Initiate stop work orders in consultation with the affected line organization management when a significant condition adverse to quality cannot be satisfactorily resolved;
- Support coordination of internal and external assessments and responses to assessments;
- Assist the organization in assuring that program work is properly documented and reviewed;
- Serve as chairman of the RPS Material Review and Configuration Control Boards; and also as the Configuration Control Officer (CCO); and
- Serve as Precious Metals Coordinator for the Materials Science & Technology Division and RPS Program.
- 2005-Present - Quality Representative, Office of Integrated Performance Management, Performance Analysis and Quality / Quality Management Group, UT-Battelle, LLC, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
- Responsible for effectively identifying and understanding customer needs, communicating quality principles that can be understood and applied within the unique aspects of the R&D organization’s work and influence the prioritization and development of quality initiatives by maintaining a fundamental understanding of the assigned R&D organization’s mission, vision, goals, key processes, and work elements.
- Performed internal quality assessments of work in progress, including document reviews against specifications.
- Performed root cause analysis to resolve non-conforming work and any departures from documented policies and procedures.
- Conducted and assisted in investigations, as requested, verifying corrective action planning and closure, and participated in resolution of quality problems.
- Managed information in issues tracking system and ensured corrective/preventive actions commitments were concluded within the planned schedule, or as needed, or rescheduled appropriately.
- Senior Member, American Society for Quality
- NQA-1/10 CFR Part 50 Appendix B Quality Assurance Certified Lead Auditor, LMJ International (2008).
- ISO 9001:2000 Certified Lead Auditor, QAI (2008).
- Green Belt in Quality Certification, Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, GA (2007).
- Tap Root Advanced Investigation Team Leader Course, Knoxville, TN (2007).
- Certified Lead Auditor, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (2006).
- Highly skilled in problem solving, planning, organizing, and managing.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Successful at mentoring employees to obtain the skills and traits necessary for the successful accomplishment of personal and professional goals.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Minitab.