Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy Human Genome Program
Human Genome News, Nov. 1994; 6(4):2
Columbia University (CU) College of Physicians and Surgeons
- COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY (CU) COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS
- (NIH, established 1993)
- ARGIRIS EFSTRATIADIS, Director
- Isidore Edelman, Administrative Director
- CONTACTS: Edelman (212/305-3440, Fax: -1191; firstname.lastname@example.org) or Efstratiadis (-5773, Fax: /923-2090, email@example.com); CU; 701 W. 168th St.; New York, NY 10032.
- OTHER KEY RESEARCHERS
- Philip Bourne
- Eftihia Cayanis
- Stuart G. Fischer
- Rodney Rothstein
- James Russo
- Eric Schon
- M. Bento Soares
- Dorothy Warburton
- Peisen Zhang
- Construction of a high-resolution physical map of human chromosome 13, consisting of ordered cosmid contigs aligned to yeast artificial chromosomes, annotated with sequence tagged sites at 100-kb average intervals and with cytogenetic assignment of contig members by in situ hybridization.
- Selection and cytogenetic assignment of cDNAs representing about 20% of the total estimated chromosome 13 genes.
- Development and integration of gene-based sequence tagged sites into the physical map.
- Coverage of an estimated 50% of chromosome 13 with over 500 cosmid contigs aligned to more than 200 yeast artificial chromosomes; development of 115 sequence tagged sites.
- Identification of over 90 cDNAs hybridizing to single-copy sequences of chromosome 13 and development of corresponding sequence tagged sites.
- Localization of 265 markers (yeast artificial chromosomes, cosmids, cDNAs, and half-linking clones) to cytogenetic bands of chromosome 13 by in situ hybridization.
- Development and genetic mapping of 24 polymorphic sequence tagged sites spanning chromosome 13.
- Contribution to Wilson's disease gene identification.
- Development of relational database and software (integrated mapping package) supporting physical mapping from yeast artificial chromosome and cosmid cross-hybridization relationships and sequence tagged site data.
- Total human yeast artificial chromosome libraries (Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain midi- and mega-yeast artificial chromosomes).
- Arrayed chromosome 13 midi- and mega-yeast artificial chromosome sublibraries (1431 and 827 colonies, respectively; replicate filters and polymerase chain reaction screening pools are available).
- Arrayed chromosome 13 cosmid library (LANL; 16,996 colonies; replicate filters are available).
- Yeast artificial chromosome and cosmid screening service for chromosome 13 probes.
- Normalized cDNA libraries.
- Integrated mapping package software.
- Chromosome 13 somatic cell hybrid mapping panel and deletion cell lines.
Return to Table of Contents
The electronic form of the newsletter may be cited in the following style:
Human Genome Program, U.S. Department of Energy, Human Genome News (v6n4).