Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy Human Genome Program
Human Genome News, Nov. 1994; 6(4):8
University of Iowa Cooperative Human Linkage Center
- UNIVERSITY OF IOWA (UI) COOPERATIVE HUMAN LINKAGE CENTER (CHLC)
- (NIH, established 1992)
- JEFFREY C. MURRAY, Director
- CONTACTS: Nancy Newkirk (319/335-6899) or Murray (-6946, email@example.com); (Center Fax: -6970); CHLC; UI; Iowa City, IA 52242.
- OTHER KEY RESEARCHERS
- Kenneth Buetow (Fox Chase Cancer Center)
- Pui Kwok (Washington Univ.)
- Val C. Sheffield
- James L. Weber (Marshfield Medical Research Foundation)
- Robert F. Weir
- Expansion of the linkage map of the entire human genome to an average resolution of 1 cM based on high-heterozygosity short tandem repeat polymorphism markers.
- Evaluation of human subject protection and provision of training for social and behavioral scientists on issues of human and molecular genetics.
- Provision of computer resources for linkage mapping and a database of linkage marker and map data.
- Evaluation of strategies for mapping complex genetic disorders.
- Development of libraries highly enriched for short tandem repeat polymorphisms.
- Incorporation of Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain genotypes on new short tandem repeat polymorphism microsatellite markers into preexisting multipoint linkage maps.
- Construction of multipoint linkage maps using the Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain database (version 6.0) and Univ. of Iowa CHLC marker data.
- Provision of a public computer interface for data analysis and acquisition.
- Laboratories at Marshfield Medical Research Foundationand CHLC available for genotyping to establish disease linkages or conduct mutation detection searches for specific gene or genes with Centre d'Etude du Polymorphisme Humain maps and short tandem repeat polymorphism resources.
- Fluorescein-labeled human linkage screening set based on CHLC version 4a autosomal screening set (Research Genetics, 800/533-4363).
- Training for secondary science teachers to explore technology and social and ethical issues related to the Human Genome Project.
- Bioedical ethics visiting associates (319/335-9631, Fax: -8515, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- CHCL newsletter (for hard copy, contact CHLC Administration).
- Directories and files via anonymous ftp (ftp.chlc.org) and Gopher (gopher.chlc.org).
- CHLC Information: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server for genetically mapping submitted markers using CHLC data sets: email@example.com
- URL: http://gai.nci.nih.gov/CHLC/
Return to Table of Contents
The electronic form of the newsletter may be cited in the following style:
Human Genome Program, U.S. Department of Energy, Human Genome News (v6n4).