During the academic calendar year, at least three JUMP into STEM challenge competitions will be held. Winners of each challenge will be:
- Invited to compete in the final event on January 31, 2020, for a paid summer internship at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) or the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL),
- Invited to collaborate on a JUMP into STEM webinar to present on their idea, and
- Considered for future research and development collaboration.
About the Final Event
JUMP into STEM will host a Grand Finale Event competition on January 31, 2020, at NREL.
The top idea submitters (or teams) from the 2019–2020 JUMP into STEM Challenge Series will compete for 10-week summer 2020 paid internships at ORNL or NREL. These internship awards are designed to promote an enhanced training environment for the next generation of scientists, architects, and engineers by exposing them to research challenges unique to the building industry.
JUMP into STEM Challenge Series winners will receive the following:
- Hotel lodging for JUMP into STEM team members and one mentor (e.g., a professor or family member) at the finalist competition.
- Food and refreshments during JUMP into STEM finalist competition events.
- An opportunity to compete in a juried presentation session, culminating in selection and announcement of the internship winners during the Friday night dinner reception.
- Participation and access to challenge activities, including tours of the Research Support Facility and Energy Systems Integration Facility, a poster display reception, inspiring presentations, Design Build presentations, and career connection networking.
About the Building Technologies Internship Program (BTIP)
*Idea submitters should thoroughly review the Terms & Conditions and BTIP criteria to ensure they are eligible for awards.